COLUMBUS, Ohio – Yesterday, the Portman for Senate campaign released its latest TV ad, "Teamsters," featuring Sonny Nardi, Secretary-Treasurer of Teamsters Ohio D.R.I.V.E.. Earlier this year, the Ohio Conference of Teamsters, representing over 50,000 members from across Ohio, endorsed Rob in his re-election campaign for the U.S. Senate. "Teamsters" is running statewide and is a part of the campaign's $15 million ad reservation. You may click HERE or below to watch "Teamsters."
In case you missed it, here is what they had to say:
Columbus Dispatch: New Portman ad touts Teamsters endorsement
Politico: GOP Sen. Rob Portman touts his endorsement from the Ohio Teamsters in a new testimonial ad featuring the secretary-treasurer of the group's political arm... The 50,000 member Teamsters endorsed Portman earlier this year, as did three other small Ohio unions.
Toledo Blade: The endorsements by the Teamsters, the United Mine Workers of America, the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 18, and the Fraternal Order of Police, who had supported Mr. Strickland in previous elections, helped change perceptions of the Ohio U.S. Senate race toward favoring Mr. Portman’s re-election.
Cleveland.com: A Portman TV ad that – unusually for a Republican – features an endorsement from the Ohio Conference of Teamsters, which endorsed the senator earlier this year. The ad is set to run statewide as part of Portman's $15 million ad campaign.
The Ohio Conference of Teamsters, representing 50,000 members in Ohio, endorsed Rob earlier this year.
- "On behalf of our 50,000 members in Ohio, we are proud to endorse Rob Portman,"said Pat Darrow, President of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters. "When it comes to hardworking Ohio families, Rob Portman has our back. Rob is fighting for middle-class jobs and higher wages for the people of Ohio, and he has fought with us to protect our pensions. We look forward to supporting Rob and continuing to work with him in the U.S. Senate.”
- "I’m honored to have the support of the Ohio Conference of Teamsters and I will continue to fight for Ohio workers in the U.S. Senate," added Rob Portman. "I’m proud to have these hard-working Ohioans on our team. We’ve worked to protect Ohio jobs and stop retirees from facing pension cuts as large as 70 percent due to no fault of their own.”
In 2006 and 2010, the Teamsters endorsed Ted Strickland.
- In 2006, the Teamsters endorsed Ted Strickland for Governor and Sherrod Brown for U.S. Senate
- In 2010, the Teamsters endorsed Ted Strickland for Governor, Lee Fisher for U.S. Senate, Richard Cordray for Attorney General, David Pepper for Auditor, Maryellen O’Shaughnessy for Secretary of State, and Kevin Boyce for Treasurer
- In 2012, the Teamsters endorsed Sherrod Brown for U.S. Senate and Barack Obama for President.
- In 2014, the Teamsters endorsed Ed FitzGerald for Governor, John Patrick Carney for Auditor, Nina Turner for Secretary of State, Connie Pillich for Treasurer, and David Pepper for Attorney General.