Rob Portman. Conservative Values.
Senator Rob Portman: A Record of Conservatism
- Rob Portman opposes the Iran Deal and voted against it. His opponent, former Governor Ted Strickland stands with Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton in support of this bad deal.
- Rob Portman opposes Obamacare and is working to defund and repeal it. Ted Strickland supports Obamacare.
- Rob Portman has a 100% rating from National Right to Life in favor of the pro-life position on National Right to Life key votes. Portman supports defunding Planned Parenthood and has voted to defund it. Ted Strickland “stands with Planned Parenthood.”
- Rob Portman has an A rating from and is endorsed by the National Rifle Association. Ted Strickland supports criminalizing the private transfer of firearms between law abiding citizens and turned his back on Ohio gun owners when he left to work for the Center for American Progress which lobbied for numerous additional gun control laws.
- Rob Portman opposes Common Core and believes decisions about education curriculum should be made at the local or state level – not from Washington.
- Rob Portman supports auditing the Federal Reserve.
- Rob Portman strongly opposes President Obama’s executive amnesty for illegal immigrants.
- Rob Portman supports a Balanced Budget Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- Rob Portman is a strong supporter of religious freedom. He was one of the first to speak out against the overreaching HHS mandate on religious freedom, sending a four-page letter to Attorney General Eric Holder arguing that the mandate violates the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993.
- Rob Portman is a leader in the effort to rein in the country's burdensome regulatory system. He has introduced the biggest regulatory reform effort in over a decade.
- Rob Portman is an advocate for tax reform and has been pushing to lower tax rates and simplify our tax code.
Pledge to Vote Rob Portman on November 8th!
PAID FOR BY PORTMAN FOR SENATE COMMITTEE